Our vision is world-class public access to Willamette Falls through an experience that honors the site's historical and cultural significance, repairs and conserves the natural habitat, and strengthens the regional economy.
Our mission is to champion and sustain a world-class Willamette Falls experience that offers year-round access to the grandeur of the Falls, historic and cultural interpretation, healthy habitat, public open spaces, and that showcases the hospitality of historic Oregon City.
In 2015, the Willamette Falls Legacy Project partners created Rediscover the Falls, a 501c(3) nonprofit organization to build friends and fundraise for the project. Rediscover the Falls' first assignment is to help make the riverwalk vision a reality. Over the past several years, thousands of Oregonians provided input into the project's values and scope.
Over the last year, RTF has been working in collaboration with the WFLP partners to ensure the public is well informed and engaged in the efforts to construct and complete the riverwalk project. The ultimate outcome of this engagement will be the launch of a major capital campaign designed to help bring critical experiential elements of the riverwalk to life. To lead this process, RTF has assembled a dynamic Board of Directors and hired an Executive Director. Together, the WFLP and RTF will ensure all Oregonians and visitors have access to a world-class experience of the majestic Willamette Falls while also enjoying the natural beauty of the mighty Willamette River.
Board of Directors
- Chair, Alice Norris - Former Mayor of Oregon City and Past President of Willamette Falls Heritage Area Coalition
- Vice-Chair, David Judd - Former Director of Vancouver/Clark County Parks and Recreation
- Treasurer, Jonathan Stone - Executive Director, Downtown Oregon City Association
- Secretary, Alexis Ingram - Donor Relations Manager, Oregon Humane Society
- WFLP Liaison, Carlotta Collette - Metro Councilor
- Jodi Bailey, Business Development, TerraFirma
- Jim Desmond - Executive Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Bob Hall - President and CEO, YMCA of Columbia-Willamette
- Bob Tackett - Executive Secretary, NW Labor Council
- Kent Ziegler - President, Oregon City Business Alliance
- Scott Hamersly - Campaign Chair, Oregon Wealth Management
Shelly Parini - Executive Director